Guidelines for reviewing
The TRANSFER TECHNOLÓGIÍ bulletin (TTb) is a peer-reviewed journal. Articles submitted for publication (denoted as manuscripts in the further text) are submitted to Authors in compliance with a double blind review policy. The Reviewer acts in anonymity. The Editor-in-Chief (email@example.com) communicates with both Authors and Reviewers. The peer review of a manuscript proceeds via anonymous comments and notes indicated in the text of the manuscript in rtf, format. Peer-reviewed articles are published in a separate dedicated section in the TTb journal. As a rule, Reviewers are employees at universities outside of Slovakia and university technology transfer offices or experts and teachers in patent law and intellectual property law and are not members of the TTb journal Editorial Board. Reviewers are required to make themselves familiar with the instructions for Authors of the Transfer Technológií bulletin.
The peer reviews form the basis for the decision of the Editor on accepting the manuscript for publication or for rejecting the manuscript.
The Reviewer assesses the text impartially and responsibly. The Reviewer undertakes to provide the review in a timely manner and with the quality required. In the event of a conflict of interest, time constraints, insufficient expertise or inability to prepare a review, the Reviewer shall inform the Editor-in-Chief within a pre-determined period of time. The Reviewer is obliged to act in anonymity and, at the same time, undertakes not to misuse the information and ideas obtained in connection with the preparation of the review for his or her own benefit. In the event of plagiarism being detected, the Reviewer is obliged to notify the Editor-in-Chief.
Reviewers’ opinions are of great importance for the editors of the TTb journal, but the decision on accepting/rejecting a reviewed manuscript depends solely on the Editor-in-Chief. The editors of the TTb journal undertake to publish at least seven peer-reviewed articles per year. Ethical guidelines for reviewers can be found in the COPE publication.
- The Authors are responsible for consistently listing in their manuscript all resources of important information and data, especially publications or data or findings of others.
- By submitting the manuscript, the Authors undertake that the manuscript is an original work of the Authors and that it was not published in another serial or online journal or other publications in any other language.
- By submitting the manuscript, the Authors also undertake that their text does not infringe the copyrights of third parties or damage the reputation of any such third party.
- The submitted manuscript must comply with the rules and regulations set out in the Guidelines for Authors.
Open Access Policy
The TRANSFER TECHNOLÓGIÍ bulletin is an open access journal compliant with the BOAI open access definition. This means that all content is freely available and free from subscription and access charges. Users are permitted to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search or link the full text articles or use them for other legal purposes without prior consent from the Publisher or Author. Authors are not charged with APC fees (i.e. no publication fees). The TRANSFER TECHNOLÓGIÍ bulletin is licensed under creative commons CC BY 4.0 licence.
Act no. 212/1997 Coll. on mandatory copies of periodicals, non-periodicals and audiovisual reproductions, as amended, sets out a mandatory archiving policy and ensures the preservation of periodicals in the event that their publication is interrupted.
The Act stipulates the Publisher´s obligation to provide printed and electronic copies of periodicals to public libraries, in particular the Slovak National Library, the University Library or the State Scientific Library in Košice.
In addition, the TTb journal is registered in the Library of the Slovak Centre of Scientific and Technical Information, the Publisher of the TTb journal.
Copyright and License
This journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 License – http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0. In general, authors are not paid a honorarium for their contributions to the TTb journal, unless the manuscript is a topical article commissioned by the journal Editor. The licence for authorship of a manuscript is therefore granted for free. The Author agrees to the license terms and conditions by completing and submitting the Electronic Form.
Authors who publish with the TRANSFER TECHNOLÓGIÍ bulletin agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work’s authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal’s published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) after the publication of the article in the magazine TRANSFER TECHNOLÓGIÍ bulletin and publish its link to the relevant article on the magazine website https://ttb.sk/.
Instructions for authors
An electronic manuscript is submitted to the Editor’s e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org Submission of the manuscript must be accompanied by an informative e-mail from the Author (cover letter to Editor). This should also include a clear and concise intention on the part of the Author(s) to contribute with his or her article to a specific topic to a respective section of the TTb journal.
Manuscripts are accepted for publication in the Slovak, Czech and English languages. The Editor reserves the right to make linguistic and editorial changes to the manuscript, with the consent of the Author. Manuscripts in the Slovak, Czech and English languages are subject to language proofreading.
Structure of the manuscript in the peer-reviewed articles section:
- Title of the manuscript
- Key words
Structure of the manuscript in other sections:
- Title of the manuscript
- Lead paragraph
- Body of the manuscript
Other items of the manuscript in the peer-reviewed articles section:
Title of the manuscript: please provide in the original manuscript language as well as in the English language
- the name(s) of the author(s),
- the affiliation(s) of the author(s), i.e. institution, (department, etc.), address of the institution (street, number), zip code and city, country,
- a clear indication of the corresponding author with his/her active e-mail address
- if available, the 16-digit ORCID of the author(s) and/or Web of Science Researcher ID and/or Scopus Author ID
Keywords. Four to seven keywords are to be provided in the language of the manuscript as well as in the English language.
Abstract. Summary in 150 – 2550 words which does not contain any undefined abbreviations or unspecified references. The abstract is to be written in the language of the manuscript as well as in the English language.
Main body of the manuscript. A manuscript should comprise a minimum of 16 thousand characters and a maximum of 35 thousand characters including spaces.
- Format – manuscripts are submitted in the MS Word text editor, plain font 12 point-Courier New font, including captions to graphs/figures and tables. If there is a link in the text of the manuscript, list it as hypertext since the online version is interactive. All such links must be underlined. Apart from hypertext linking, do not underline the text in the manuscript.
- Headings –use the decimal system of headings with no more than three levels.
- Abbreviations – abbreviations should be defined at first mention and used consistently thereafter.
- Footnotes – please do not use footnotes.
- Use Arabic numerals to number tables.
- Always cite tables in text in consecutive numerical order. Each table must be provided with a table caption (title) explaining the components of the table.
- Identify any previously published material by giving the original source in the form of a reference at the end of the table caption.
- Footnotes to tables should be indicated by superscript lower-case letters (or asterisks for significance values and other statistical data) and included below the table body.
- Supply all figures electronically.
- Indicate what graphics program was used to create the artwork.
- For vector graphics, the preferred format is EPS; for halftones, please use TIFF format.
- MS Office files are also acceptable. Vector graphics containing fonts must have the fonts embedded in the files.
- Name figure files with “Fig” and the figure number, e.g., Fig1.eps.
Cover pages graphical advertisements:
- Text, logos, graphs etc., i.e. “live graphics” layout must be at least 2 cm from the margin of the whole graphics or advertisement.
- Graphics and advertisement format: A4, pdf.
Citations–cite references in parentheses () at an appropriate place in the text at the end of a sentence. For citations of works by one author, give the surname of the author followed by a comma and the year published. Citations of works by more than one author, the surname of the first author is first followed by et al., and then by the year published. If more works by the same author are cited, after the publication year insert /(slash)and a lower-case letter starting with the letter of a and continue in an alphabetical order as indicated in examples.
Text……text (Kováč, 2021).
Text……text (Kováč et al., 2021).
Text……text (Novák et al., 2021/a).
Text……text (Novák et al., 2021/b).
Text……text (Novák et al., 2021/c).
Acknowledgements – acknowledgements of people, grants, funding, etc. are to be placed in a separate section at the end of the manuscript before the reference list. The names of funding organisations are to be written in full.
References – the list of references only includes those works that are cited in the text and that have been published or accepted for publication. Unpublished works and personal communications should only be mentioned in the text. The reference list entries should be listed at the end of the manuscript in alphabetical order by the last name of the first author of each work according to the recommendation of the international standard ISO 690 – Information and documentation – Guidelines for bibliographic references and citations to information resources. If available, please always include DOIs® as full DOI® links in your reference list (e.g. “https://doi.org/xyz”).
Personal data protection
The Slovak Centre of Scientific and Technical Information (Centrum vedecko-technických informácií SR, hereinafter CVTI SR) processes the personal data of Authors to the extent necessary to comply with contractual and legal obligations and for the purpose of presenting Authors in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter referred to as “GDPR” and Act no. 18/2018 Coll. on Personal Data Protection (hereinafter “personal data protection act”).
The CVTI SR, in the position of controller, is permitted to process and publish the personal data of the author within the scope of “academic degree, name, surname, e-mail, organisation/workplace” in the print version of the Transfer technológií bulletin and on the dedicated website with the explicit consent of the Author.
The Author assents to the following:
The Author, as the data subject, hereby gives his/her consent to the processing of his/her personal data for the purpose of publishing his/her article in the TRANSFER TECHNOLÓGIÍ bulletin. This consent also applies to the following data: title of contribution, authorˊs name(s) and surname, workplace and e-mail address which will be provided at the end of the article published in the print and electronic versions of the TRANSFER TECHNOLÓGIÍ bulletin.
This consent and the processing of such personal data complies with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR). This consent and the processing of such personal data is granted for editorial purposes on the TRANSFER TECHNOLÓGIÍ bulletin to the Slovak Centre of Scientific and Technical Information (Centrum vedecko-technických informácií Slovenskej republiky) in the position of the controller.
Consent to process personal data is granted by the Author by completing the Electronic Form and the consent remains valid until revoked.